Attorney Fish has been selected to moderate a panel of local judges on navigating civil court procedures. The expected judges and an outline of the educational seminar is described below:
Judge Bobbi Petrungaro
Judge Stephen Krentz
Judge John McAdams
Judge Kevin Busch
Judge Dinah Archambeault
Judge Bradley Waller
Judge Divya Sarang
- Navigating the Local Civil Court Procedure: Concrete Rules and Unwritten Etiquette
- Initial Pleadings: Laying out the Legal and Factual Issues of the Case
- Answers to Common Questions Asked in Case Conferences
- Case Scheduling: Fast-Tracking Options and Handling Conflicts and Delays
- Summary Judgment Motions and Hearings
- Cooperation Between Counsel
- Judges’ View of Discovery
- Common Discovery Dispute Issues
- When You Should and Should Not Make Objections
- What is Appropriate for a Privilege Log
- When to Use a Motion to Compel
- How to Avoid Messing Up the Timing
- When are Sanctions a Possibility?
- Pre-Trial Briefs that Promote Settlement
- Unacceptable Pre-Trial Litigation Tactics
- Seeking the Judge’s Guidance Outside of Scheduled Conferences
- When is it Appropriate to Contact the Judge or the Clerk?
- What Questions are Acceptable?
- Is it Ok to Contact the Judge During a Deposition?
- Jury Selection and Juror Requests: What is Appropriate?
- Types of Evidence Judges Value Most/Least
- Witness Selection and Testimony: What Works and What’s a Waste of Time for Everyone
- Legal Ethics
- The Meaning of “Justice” and the Role of the Judges and Attorneys in Upholding it
- Candor Toward Tribunal
- The Duty of Zealous Representation in the Courtroom Setting
- How Judges and Lawyers can Work Together to Improve the Justice System
- Trial Presentation Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Confuse the Jury: Top Mistakes Judges Have Seen
- Effective Ways of Handling Facts in Controversy at Trial