How Can A Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Chicago Help Me?
If you have faced sexual harassment in the workplace, it's important to consult a legal expert as soon as possible, to ensure that your rights and future are thoroughly protected. At Fish Potter Bolaños, P.C., we take sexual harassment cases very seriously, and although our lawyers have worked with multiple individuals struggling with sexual harassment at work, we understand the importance of giving each case the unique attention that it requires.
Here are some ways that a sexual harassment lawyer in Chicago can help you:
- Your lawyer will make sure that you have thesupport that can help alleviate the stress associated with your case.
- Your lawyer will answer all of your questions and provide you with clarity regarding all of the legal options available to you.
- Before reporting sexual harassment, it's important to take certain steps that will help to ensure that you have everything required before speaking to an HR professional. Your lawyer will help guide you through each step of the way.
- Your lawyer will fiercely represent you in court and fight for you on your behalf.
Are you or someone that you care about experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace in Chicago? If so, it's critical to contact an experienced sexual harassment lawyer and schedule an initial consultation.
Filing a Sexual Harassment Complaint
You can file a complaint with the EEOC or the Illinois Department of Human Rights about sexual harassment in the workplace. In fact, if you plan to bring a sexual harassment lawsuit, you are required to timely file with the appropriate government agency.
If you need to report an incident of sexual harassment in the workplace, it is important to take the following steps:
- Document in writing/email through a complaint to human resources that the sexual harassment is occurring, and you need it to stop
- File a sexual harassment claim with a governmental agency
- Don’t quit your job if at all possible
- Follow the sexual harassment/discrimination guidelines in your employment handbook
- Contact a sexual harassment attorney to advise you through the process
For more information, visit the EEOC's website to learn about how to file a charge of employment discrimination.
Sexual Harassment Claims Our Attorneys Have Handled
Represented a nurse who had a physician put his hands inside of her shirt
and on her breasts and, when our client complained, she was fired.
- A substantial confidential settlement reached
A represented worker alleged she was sexually assaulted at a workplace
event and fired in retaliation for reporting it to her local police department.
Claims were asserted under the Illinois Whistleblower Act and for wage claims.
- Obtained substantial agreed judgment
- Represented auditing firm in litigation in suing the former vice president and board member after he had been accused of sexual harassment and had his employment terminated. Allegations included breach of fiduciary duties and counterclaims for compensation under various contracts.
A represented medical professional who had an intimate relationship with
one of the married physician owners where she worked. After the relationship
ended, the nature of the working relationship ended.
- We were able to resolve on a pre-lawsuit basis, including all sexual harassment claims, our client’s case to her satisfaction
Defended a university professor against allegations of harassment and sex
discrimination by his former students. The plaintiffs alleged that the
professor violated Title IX, committed assault and battery, and inflicted
negligent and intentional emotional distress upon them based upon conduct
that occurred while they were students at a private university.
- Within less than 1 year of the lawsuit being filed, we convinced the plaintiffs to voluntarily dismiss their claims against our client - with prejudice - and without being paid any money whatsoever. (Chicago, Illinois)
- We have represented several employees who have been sexually harassed or had inappropriate sexual behavior from their superiors at work.
- Ill. County, Female Defenders Reach $14M Harassment Deal
- Sexual Harassment Decision Provides Guidance To Discrimination Claims In State Court